[mythtv-users] New system configuration question

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Sun Dec 12 18:35:22 UTC 2010

On 12 Dec 2010, at 18:28, Raymond Wagner wrote:

> On 12/12/2010 13:19, Andre wrote:

>>> MiniPCIe options are pretty limited.  There are some network cards, some disk controllers, and some video capture cards intended for surveillance systems.  I'm not aware of any tuner cards.
>> There are some like the digital devices duoflex tuners:
>>
>> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/language/en/info/p2358_Digital-Devices-DuoFlex-CT-Dual-DVB-C-DVB-T-miniPCIe.html
>> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2333_Digital-Devices-DuoFlex-S2-miniPCIe.html
>> http://www.dvbshop.net/product_info.php/info/p2335_Digital-Devices-CI-Interface-f--Cine-S2-incl--mini-PCIe-Bridge.html
>>
>> You can have four tuners in one PCIe mini slot, linux driver support is working.
>
> That's not a miniPCIe tuner card.  That's a miniPCIe bridge chip, with a ribbon cable to a specially designed tuner card.  You still need an expansion slot to mount the card in, which the all-in-one (http://shop.lenovo.com/us/landing_pages/thinkcentre/2010/m90z) simply doesn't have.

Correct, I'd assumed a certain amount of ingenuity would be required to get anything other than a USB tuner installed ;-)

The expansion slot part is purely mechanical, although I did sent the wrong link for the CI, there's another that doesn't have the PCIe bridge board included, not that there will be anywhere to put that either!

Andre