[mythtv-users] New system configuration question

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Dec 12 17:08:04 UTC 2010

On 12/12/2010 11:55, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> There are no slots for expansion other than a mini PCI
> express slot that I believe is currently used by the wi-fi card (though I'm
> willing to remove it).

MiniPCIe options are pretty limited.  There are some network cards, some
disk controllers, and some video capture cards intended for surveillance
systems.  I'm not aware of any tuner cards.

> Anyone have any experience with limited configurable systems?  Can the built-in
> graphics handle HD video in Linux (now or soon)?

That processor has plenty of power to decode any video you throw at it,
and enough graphical power to run the OpenGL painters at 1080p.  You can
get a CrystalHD decoder, but it is both unnecessary, and only
experimentally supported in MythTV.

> For a bonus question: anyone using a touch-screen for input in Myth?  Not that
> I really want to walk up to the screen every time I want to navigate a menu,
> but since the PC already has it I was wondering if the joystick option in Myth
> can be used for touch-screen input as well.

MythTV has mouse support, for the purposes of using with touch screens.
It also has incomplete gesture support, but I don't know how much work
it would be to get that properly functioning.