[mythtv-users] "Middle" Posting?

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Sun Dec 12 14:22:47 UTC 2010

Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> writes:

> We all know that top posting is not appreciated on this list.
>
> But how about "Middle Posting", where replies and comments are inserted
> after the particular portion being responded to?

Such "middle posting" is the best way to reply to messages.  Some people
bottom post, quoting the entire thread to date above their reply.  In my
opinion, this is worse that top posting, since it requires scrolling
through several pages in order to see the two new lines.  People should
*always* trim quoted messages to the relevant part.

Dan