[mythtv-users] 3 audio devices on same time

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 00:35:40 UTC 2010

Thanks again for your reply, I got it working!!!

I use the XBMC configuration file: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1541853/.asoundrc

And I just select "ALSA:both" on the frontend configuration. I have
audio on the 3 devices!!!

I didn't try with a DTS or Dolby sound, I just try with some MP3 music
files and DVB channels.

I have a litle problem with remote volume, if I press the keys I see
it on the the screen, but there is not any change on the volume, I
must use a the TV and audio amplifier remote to control the volume.

Can you help with this?

Thanks and best regards.

2010/12/10 Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com>:
> On 10 December 2010 14:00, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello, I have a Debian Squeeze system.
>>
>> How can I remove all PulseAudio software? Is it necessary?
>
> It all depends on what you want to do with your machine.
>
> If you only use mythtv, you are better off not using pulse at all as
> pulse have serious limitation when it comes to audio quality (no
> passthrough, all audio is resampled, converted etc..)
>
> you don't have to remove it, myth properly suspends any running pulse
> server, but then you have to make sure your alsa configuration isn't
> trying to use a pulse device.
>
> Jean-Yves

Josu Lazkano