[mythtv-users] frontend network control port

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Dec 11 20:33:17 UTC 2010

* On Sat Dec 11, 2010 at 12:16:58PM -0500, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> While adding a simple '@' to that list of characters and compiling would
> seem a simple enough fix, that line also has the consequence of
> filtering out any non-ASCII characters.  I've pinged the relevant dev on
> IRC, but go ahead and file a ticket if you want.  As far as I can tell,
> this bug has existed all the way back to 0.22 when 'play file' was
> added, meaning the call has never worked properly.

Because the Storage Group fallback code searches all Storage Groups, the
play file command should work without the 'Videos@' specified.  Without
a group, the default of 'Default' is assumed and if the file isn't
found there, then the other groups should be searched.

I'd be interested if this works for the original poster.

That being said, we should remove the @ restriction and probably remove
that whole sanity check.  I can't recall why I put that in there, but it
does predate the ability to specify an actual filename on the Network Control
command line.

--
Chris Pinkham