[mythtv-users] Problems With TV_icons on multiple Frontends

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 20:00:26 UTC 2010

On 11 December 2010 12:27, Per Jørgensen <myth at pbj-design.dk> wrote:
> Hey Guys.
> I have a problem with getting tv_icons up and showing through LiveTV.
> I have This Setup:
> 1 MBE with 5Tunercards and no Frontend running. Running Mythweb and MySql.
> 4 FE running.
> 1 Zoneminder Server
>
> But I have downloaded etc tv_icons on MBE and setup it up and through
> TVguide I can see the different Icons, But when using the guide navigation
> through LiveTV - I cannot see the different TV-logos: - I'm only getting
> this error Using the arrowkeys during LiveTV:
>
> 2010-12-11 13:16:12.891 browsechanid: 2810 -> 5650
> 2010-12-11 13:16:12.999 MythUIHelper, Error:
> LoadScaleImage(tv2_dk.jpg)Unable to find image file
> 2010-12-11 13:16:20.386 [mp2 @ 0x7fc3917b1800]Header missing
> 2010-12-11 13:16:20.387 AFD Error: Unknown audio decoding error
>
> How come I cannot see the image - or is it just in the wrong format. I'm
> sure the icons are in /root/.mythtv/channels - since I've Rsync'd and tried
> almost everything else. Chmod chown etc -  I can see the images on Mythweb
> interfacet, I can see the images in the planning-guide, but not when
> changing channels in LiveTV!
>
> Allthough the only special tricks otherwise is on the MBE the service is
> runned by root and on every frontend etc - the user are myth. - Could it be
> these settings that are wrong - since this never been a problem before -
> untill upgrading to 0.24!

As of 0.24, I understand that the frontend OSD (unlike the EPG)
requires channel icons to be available locally at the location stored
in the DB. Future plans are for the channel icons to be made available
through the backend's internal file transfer support directly.

I suggest reading Mike Dean's post below:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/287337#287337

and ensuring that your frontends have channel icons available locally
(either on the local filesystems or through a network mount) at the
same path as the backend. Although the default behaviour is to store
that icons at ~/.mythtv/channels/ you might find it easier to store
the icons somewhere user-agnostic like /usr/share/mythtv/channels/ or
similar.

Cheers,
Nick

--