[mythtv-users] frontend network control port

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 17:07:08 UTC 2010

> This is as designed, and its a bug.  The '@' character is not on the list of
> 'approved characters', so it gets filtered out by the control server.

Sorry Raymond, I guess you are getting frustrated with me... I still
dont know what I should do. In my black and white view of the world,
it is either as designed or it is a bug, not both!!!

Simply put; should the command as I used it work or is initiating
playback of MythVideo files using the play file command not supported?

If it is not supported... is there another way to initiate playback of
a mythvideo file using the network control port?

thanks