[mythtv-users] Building 0.24 on OS X Leopard PPC.

Friedrich Clausen fred at derf.nl
Fri Dec 10 21:25:47 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I am trying to build MythTV (for a frontend only machine) on a Mac
Mini G4 running OS X leopard because all the pre-built OS X builds for
0.24 are for Intel Macs (that I can find). I have installed the
dependencies using macports (and, importantly, qt4-mac v4.7.1). I am
using the latest 0.24 branch from Git. I have also used the following
configure options

CFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib ./configure
--prefix=/opt/local/mythtv  --disable-distcc  --enable-mac-bundle

It then proceeds to build for quite a while but eventually fails with
(using pastebin to keep things neat)

http://pastebin.com/GiZz8VkS

It essentially cannot find bswap.h but this is in

/opt/local/include/libavutil/bswap.h

which the CFLAGS variable should solve. Any tips to help this build
complete would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Fred.