[mythtv-users] Cheap Video Card

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 18:55:55 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:59 AM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> OK, it does have a fan, but:
>
> http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-
> details.asp?EdpNo=5677177
>
> According to the WiKi this is a feature set "C" card. It will fit in a
> case requiring a low profile card, if you supply your own bracket.
>
> Much as I HATE rebates, it does appear to be a good deal (assuming the
> rebate materializes).

if the rebate is through tiger direct, run like the hills. if it's
through EVGA it shouldn't be so bad, I've done 2 or 3 rebates through
them and they've all come within the 6-8week window.

that said, this is a GT210, which is not worth purchasing for Myth, if
I remember correctly, it's not fast enough to properly decode higher
bitrate stuff. you'll want a GT220 or GT4xx series card. I've got a
few GT220's in service, one in my theater room machine and one in my
parent's, and they work great.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!