[mythtv-users] 3 audio devices on same time

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 03:23:44 UTC 2010

On 10 December 2010 14:00, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I have a Debian Squeeze system.
>
> How can I remove all PulseAudio software? Is it necessary?

It all depends on what you want to do with your machine.

If you only use mythtv, you are better off not using pulse at all as
pulse have serious limitation when it comes to audio quality (no
passthrough, all audio is resampled, converted etc..)

you don't have to remove it, myth properly suspends any running pulse
server, but then you have to make sure your alsa configuration isn't
trying to use a pulse device.

Jean-Yves