[mythtv-users] Scheduler running every 5 minutes or so.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 10 02:27:31 UTC 2010

  On 12/09/2010 09:19 PM, Marco Quezada wrote:
> I noticed that after scheduling tv recordings on my backend the
> machine stopped shutting down automatically. After looking at the logs
> I found what appears to be a task from the scheduler running every 5
> minutes or so.

Yes.  As it will when doing EIT data collection--because every changed
listing it inserts needs to be looked at anew for scheduling.

>   I am new to mythtv so from my current understanding it
> seems like it is checking the scheduled recordings to update their
> status. However, my idle timer is set to 15 minutes. I currently use
> the EIT guide data so this gives me enough time when the machine is on
> for the backend to grab as much new guide data as possible. Is there a
> setting somewhere that allows me to change the frequency at which the
> scheduler updates?

Nope.  You can find a non-EIT listings source (and not use EIT), or
change EIT to use passive collection rather than active, or wait until
EIT active collection is rewritten to use a more-sensible approach.

>   I did add some manually scheduled recordings to the
> list but I have noticed this behavior even with automatic scheduling.
> Is there a chance that the AutoExpire is the culprit also? If so, can
> someone advise of where the setting is that allows the AutoExpire chek
> to be scheduled?

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/3597

(please no "me too" comments).

Mike