[mythtv-users] Interesting Reading: Windows Secrets reviews AppleTV and GoogleTV

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 10 01:52:34 UTC 2010

On Dec 9, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Eric Sharkey wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 4:49 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:

>>> I'm on FiOS in central New Jersey, and this channel is in my lineup.
>>> I guess they just don't like you.
>>
>> Hrm. And you're sure its FSC HD, not FSC or FSC+ HD? I get FSC SD,
>> and FSC+ HD is available as part of some premium sports package I
>> don't care to shell out for, but no FSC HD option.
>
> Uh, actually, I'm not sure.  I just checked again and I get two of
> them, of which I thought one was hd and one was sd, but now that I
> look more closely, they might both be sd.
>
> mysql> select channum, name, callsign, xmltvid from channel where name
> like '%soccer%' and sourceid = 6;
> +---------+--------------------+----------+---------+
> | channum | name               | callsign | xmltvid |
> +---------+--------------------+----------+---------+
> | 84      | Fox Soccer Channel | FSC      | 17927   |
> | 1522    | Fox Soccer Channel | FSC      | 17927   |
> +---------+--------------------+----------+---------+
> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Yeah, you've actually got exactly what I've got, they're both SD. For
some bizarre reason, Verizon sees the need to put multiple copies of
some channels in completely different places...

> I don't actually watch this channel.

Its the only non-HD channel I actually care about recording off of,
excluding the ones I have to care about by proxy for the kids... :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com