[mythtv-users] 0.24 and video metadata, again

Bob Sully rcs at malibyte.net
Thu Dec 9 22:42:33 UTC 2010

> Robert McNamara wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Bob Sully <rcs at malibyte.net> wrote:
>>> Movies:
>>> [mythtv at vader: ~]$ python /usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py -M
>>> "Star Wars - Episode I - The Phantom Menace"
>>> 1893:Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999)
>>
>> This is .23-era output.  You have old bindings/scripts installed, not
>> .24 ones.  Once you have the actual .24 metadata scripts and bindings
>> installed, you should see XML output, and everything should work fine.
>>
>> Robert

OK, is there anything here that I need to delete, then reinstall the 0.24
packages?  Basically, I'd like to know where the old 0.23 scripts are
hiding.

I have already reinstalled these packages (JYA repo), without success; I
still get the old-style output from tmdb.py, and ttvdb.py fails because it
tells me a file is missing (which appears to be present).

mythtv-common
mythtv-backend
mythtv-frontend
libmyth
libmyth-python
mythvideo
mythnetvision

Here's what I turned up:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Movie/tmdb.py
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py

/usr/bin/mythwikiscripts
/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts
/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/mythburn.py
/usr/share/mythtv/mytharchive/scripts/testsubtitlepngs.sh
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/Movie
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/README
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu-example.conf
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.README
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/Movie/MythTV
/usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/Movie/MythTV/MythVideoCommon.pm

/usr/bin/mythpython
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MythTV/mythproto.py
/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/MythTV/mythproto.pyc
/usr/share/doc/libmyth-python
/usr/share/doc/libmyth-python/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libmyth-python/copyright
/usr/share/mythbuntu/plugins/python
/usr/share/mythbuntu/plugins/python/jamuconfig.py
/usr/share/mythbuntu/plugins/python/jamuconfiguration.py
/usr/share/mythbuntu/plugins/python/mirobridgeconfig.py

/usr/share/python-support/libmyth-python.public

There are a lot more scripts and directories that the search turned up,
but they appear to belong to mythnetvision and mythweather, which aren't
the issue at the moment.

Thanks, any help appreciated...getting frustrated.
Bob