[mythtv-users] Interesting Reading: Windows Secrets reviews AppleTV and GoogleTV

Jeff Walther trag at io.com
Thu Dec 9 20:59:40 UTC 2010

> Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:16:27 -0600
> From: jedi <jedi at mishnet.org>

> On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 02:04:53PM -0500, Atlanta Geek wrote:
>
>> I guess the point is that with the mac mini (And now even the ipad)
>> Apple is becoming a good value player.
>
>     I dunno. $700 buys a lot of box these days.

I think the target audience for the Mini is someone who wants their
computer to occupy no space.   They are tiny.  I haven't looked at the
Micro-ITX options, perhaps there's something comparable there.

I was running my iTunes server (serving Roku SoundBridges) on a Beige G3
mini-Tower.  Too large.   I recently switched to a G4 Mini.  Much nicer.
As I expand storage, I just stack NewerTech Mini-Stack cases under it.

Jeff Walther