[mythtv-users] Interesting Reading: Windows Secrets reviews AppleTV and GoogleTV

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 9 20:39:49 UTC 2010

On Dec 9, 2010, at 3:25 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
> Watching directly on some of those game consoles requires extra money to
> be paid to MS (X-Box Live), not something I'd do willingly.

Only Microsoft is extorting people to be able to watch netflix on
their gaming console, ttbomk. I didn't pay a dime to be able to
watch netflix on my ps3 or wii (or appletv or roku hd|xr).

> And PlayOn is a LOT more than just Netflix
> Lots of options, that's what life is all about. PlayOn gives me more
> options, and more ways to use them, than any standalone player or a
> computer alone.

PlayOn makes no sense if you're talking netflix-only, but if
you're after more options, it does actually look quite nice.

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com