[mythtv-users] MythTv edit failing. Need to find another way

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Thu Dec 9 19:26:58 UTC 2010

I often archive shows, first using MythTv's editing feature,
a lossless transcode, and then Handbrake to recode as h264.
On occasion the lossless transcode fails with "Deadlock
detected. One buffer is full when the other is empty",
but I can usually fix that by first remuxing with ffmpeg
and regenerating the index. But I now have one recording
that wont remux because of a duplicate time stamp. What
other way can I edit the ends of a recording before
compressing with Handbrake?

I tried mencoder with an edit list, but that chopped
off more than I asked it. I also tried using mencoder
just to do the remux and let MythTv have another
go at editing, but that put the sv sync out just a
little.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
	Paul.