[mythtv-users] Black screen only since XvMC was removed from master

Eloy Paris peloy at chapus.net
Thu Dec 9 17:31:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 09, 2010 at 11:01:31AM -0500, Doug Haber wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I noticed that after commit 5e5908b4d6ca88ecf489 (the one that removes
> XvMC) I can no longer playback recordings.  I can hear the audio and
> see the OSD overlay but the rest of the screen is just black.  I'm
> using an older mac mini (intel video hardware) with ubuntu 10.04.
> Here's a recent log: http://pastebin.com/AU4g710C

It seems like the OpenGL renderer is being used. Are you correctly
configured for OpenGL? What happens if you select a playback profile
that uses something else, like the Xv renderer?

I think I have never gotten OpenGL rendering to work on Intel video
hardware. It's been a few months since I tried, though, so things may
have improved since then.

Cheers,

Eloy Paris.-