[mythtv-users] Internal player jerky

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 9 13:17:21 UTC 2010

Hello,

after the recent upgrade from 0.23.1 to 0.24 I noticed that the internal
player isn't playing as smooth as before. I'm using the same kernel and
graphics stack, yet the scroll text on the news channel shows visible
jerks. In 0.23 I was unable to notice any jitter.

I am (and was) using: Xv, Deinterlacer: Kernel(2x), Qt painter on a
Radeon HD 3200 with KMS, kernel version 2.6.36. The logs look fine, DRM
is used as sync source. Combined frontend/backend machine with an Athlon
x2 5200.

Does anyone know if something was done to the frame synchronisation
which could cause this? Is there anywhere a tunable I could try?

Best Regards
greg