[mythtv-users] Persistent link to newest version of a file on github?

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at computer.org
Wed Dec 8 15:43:05 UTC 2010

On 08/12/10 14:54, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> I'm no git expert, but If you look at this page:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/dbutil.cpp
>
> <https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/dbutil.cpp>There
> is a link labelled "raw" that links to:
>
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/raw/master/mythtv/libs/libmyth/dbutil.cpp
>
> Wouldn't that be the file itself and the most recent version?

Kevin,

Thanks for that. It works, and I've successfully made the first updates
on the wiki.

However, I'm puzzled as to how you found this out. I had indeed also
used the "raw" links before, but in my case these links contained the
git commit ID in the location where your URL shows "master". Manually
editing the URLs to replace the commit ID by "master" does seem to
produce what looks like a persistent link to the current version though.

Cheers, Jan