[mythtv-users] 0.24-27419 odd change in OSG and channel change abort during LiveTV

Dave Richardson mythtv at derdev.com
Wed Dec 8 04:02:48 UTC 2010

 MythTV Version   : 27419
 MythTV Branch    : trunk
 Network Protocol : 63
 Library API      : 0.24.20101129-1
 QT Version       : 4.6.2
 Options compiled in:
  linux debug using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
 using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
 using_bindings_python using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire
 using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
 using_joystick_menu using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
 using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
 using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads
 using_live using_mheg

 [Example: Channels 34-39 are contiguous]

 Used to work this way:
 Enter LiveTV on Channel 34, press Channel Up X 2 (twice), OSG bar
 displays Channel 36 info while Channel 34 continues to play, click Exit
 (to abort channel change), returns to channel 34 playback, Press Channel
 Up, OSG bar displays Channel 35 info while Channel 34 continues to play.

 Now it works this way (I believe erroneously):
 Enter LiveTV on Channel 34, press Channel Up X 2 (twice), OSG bar
 displays Channel 36 info while Channel 34 continues to play, click Exit
 (to abort channel change), returns to channel 34 playback, Press Channel
 Up, OSG bar displays Channel *37* info while Channel 34 continues to
 play.

 You can do this for any number of channels up or down, when you press
 "exit" to abort the channel change there appears to be a value
 erroneously stored that records the last OSG channel shown that seems to
 over-ride the actual channel being viewed.  The problem is that
 subsequent channel up/down requests become relative to the last aborted
 channel change instead of relative to the channel being watched.

 I would expect the "used to work this way" to be the behavior and to be
 repeatable.  It is not on my system (irrespective of tuner type or
 starting channel)

 TIA!