[mythtv-users] Questions about 0.24 (mythweb, captions)

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 03:12:28 UTC 2010

On 7 December 2010 01:52, kanetse at gmail.com <kane.tse at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently upgraded from 0.23.1 to 0.24.  The upgrade went smoothly on Fedora
> 12 backend/frontend, Mythbuntu frontends and Windows frontends.  Kudos to
> the devs for the great work.

> 2) Closed captions.  With the integration of the OSD skin and the theme
> skin, the closed captions options have moved.   The closed captions (without
> a black background) used to be displayed with a thin black border around
> each letter.  This allowed them to be more easily seen against white
> objects.  Does anyone know if that can be turned back on?

I don't know what caption type you are referring to, but I've just
committed a fix for black borders on CC-608 captions (analogue/NTSC).
I've also backported it to 0-24-fixes.

So you should see a black border for external text subtitles, embedded
text subtitles (rare) and CC-608 captions. CC-708 captions have their
own styling dictated by the broadcaster and DVB/DVD/Bluray subs are
all bitmaps rather than raw text. There is no outline for teletext
subtitles.

regards

Mark