[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

DaWorm daworm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 20:20:08 UTC 2010

If you go with Ubuntu, make sure you install from the alternate
install CD/DVD, not the standard.  It makes getting mdadm and general
raid installation a ton easier.  I never did get it to start the raid
properly from boot (booting from a separate boot drive, not from the
raid) with the standard Ubuntu - but I could start it by hand
afterwards.  Reinstalled using the alternate install disk, answered
the appropriate questions in the partitioning section, and it works
like a champ with my 4 drive WE15EARS array.  I partitioned the drives
with fdisk starting at sector 64 instead of 63 and used partition type
of Linux Raid, then put an EXT4 partition on the resulting md0 device.

Jeff.