[mythtv-users] Blank white screen in .24

Devin Heitmueller dheitmueller at kernellabs.com
Tue Dec 7 20:10:08 UTC 2010

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> I've been through all the MythTV setup with no problems, all the correct
>> devices showed up in the probes. Channel scanning worked, although every
>> channel is listed in the scan as locked. Does that mean MythTV thinks it's
>> encrypted?

No, it's a bug.  I've got a fix for it but haven't pushed it upstream yet.

>> When I try to watch live tv or record all I get is a white screen.
>> Actually,
>> on live tv I get the OSD appearing with the correct channel info, and a
>> dark
>> blue background. When the OSD disappears, the blue background stays for a
>> couple of seconds, then it all turns white. Recordings are just all white
>> from
>> the start. I haven't found anything in the verbose output from
>> mythfrontend to
>> suggest to me what's wrong.
>>
>> Any ideas or suggestions?

Blue background usually means the decoder didn't detect a signal.  Are
you using the tuner input?  s-video?  composite?

Also, do you have ATSC or ClearQAM configured?  If so, it's possible
that MythTV is trying to use both the digital and analog inputs at the
same time (which you can avoid by putting both inputs into the same
input group).

It's also just possible that the driver is broken with MythTV.  I
haven't any cycles to test with MythTV, and lord knows that MythTV has
been known to expose bugs in other drivers that don't appear when
using other applications.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs