[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.24 HDMI audio problem

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 05:49:01 UTC 2010

Hi

On 7 December 2010 16:44, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmm, well the reason telling Myth to use "ALSA:HDMI:CARD=NVidia"
> produced no sound, is because that device was muted.  Why does ALSA
> mute devices by default?

yeah, it's confusing.

It would be great to unmute the device by default, but this would
require setting up the mixer.

> So, I can now just use the *detected* "ALSA:HDMI:CARD=NVidia" to get
> sound, but LCPM still does not work.  At least it is progress.

What does mythfrontend -v audio shows ?

I've just identified a bug yesterday in 0.24. You need to have the
Advanced Audio Settings box checked for 7.1 to be available.

I've fixed it in trunk, will backport as soon as I can test it properly.

JY