[mythtv-users] Transcoding giving weird results

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Dec 7 03:36:38 UTC 2010

I think this is related to a post I made Friday. My recorded Bones from that
night wouldn't play in the internal player, but would in mplayer.

It's starting to look like sometime last week (I'm trying to nail down the
date), transcoding of anything remotely HD is failing in one of 2 ways

Either it's like that Bones, where only a single image stays up on the
screen at any one time, or it plays but very slowly with audio too low (like
a 45 played at -- 16, not even 33)

The frame problem goes away in mplayer, but the slow audio is present in
mplayer.

THe transcoder options are mpeg4 codec, 1109 bitrate, 2 max qual, 15 min
qual (which seems weird but I don't think I changed this), 3 max qual
different between frames. Scale bitrate, enable high-quality, and enabel 4mv
are all checked.

Audio optoins are MP3, 32k sampling rate, 7 mp3 qual, 90% volume

This is a Fedora 14 i386 backend, Myth installed from atrpms.
Transcoding was done on the backend.