[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 00:53:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> [...]

The mechanics inside SCSI drives are much better on average though.
You can get the low-end models that have the scsi-tax added that are
not much more than ides, but they are still better too.  And since
SCSI uses a common language, you do not have all of these
manufacturers cutting corners on their ahci code to get better power
savings (which is usually the low level reason for ATA RAID failures
with them)..

Hopefully over time, all of the manufacturers get slapped a few times
and quit it.  3ware's list of drives they absolutely will not support
is a pretty good guide to live by if you are going to use ahci raid..