[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Mon Dec 6 23:44:19 UTC 2010

On 12/5/2010 8:39 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> And note that those fibre-channel drives are *SCSI-class* bubbles; do not
> let *anyone* tell you that SCSI drives are 6 times as expensive as SATA *only*
> because of manufacturer quantity; that's crap -- the drives really are built
> better.  It may be anecdotal experience, but it's 25 years worth of it.

And speaking of Micropolis,

I have a Micropolis 1GB drive downstairs that we got back when the 1GB size came in a SCSI or PATA-IDE variety at pretty much the same price. (I think the diff was like $20)...

I really wish SCSI hadn't gone so high in price like it did or I'd have stuck with it.
It seems to me these days that SCSI is way out there rather than just being worth a few extra bucks.

Oh well.

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.