[mythtv-users] Options for Backing up Myth data

Douglas Peale Douglas_Peale at comcast.net
Mon Dec 6 20:19:09 UTC 2010

I have been trying off and on to get an automated backup system working at my home. The aim was to attach a USB drive to a
WRT610n V1 running ddwrt firmware. When it works, I get about 5 MB/sec transfer rates, but using SMB, the transfer nearly always
hangs about half way through on a simple copy of about 40 GB.

In any case, so far the only thing I have working is an automated backup of the MythTV database that happens every night (local
backup to the same disk, but better than not backing up the database at all).

I have no interest in backing up recorded programs, but this system is also my desktop, so I'd like to backup the MythTV
database, my photos, and other personal documents. Currently that is about 40 GB.