[mythtv-users] Questions about 0.24 (mythweb, captions)

kanetse@gmail.com kane.tse at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 17:52:27 UTC 2010

Recently upgraded from 0.23.1 to 0.24.  The upgrade went smoothly on Fedora
12 backend/frontend, Mythbuntu frontends and Windows frontends.  Kudos to
the devs for the great work.

I have a few questions:

1) MythWeb.  On the "MythTV Backend Status" screen, the "Encoder Status" box
lists my capture cards by their UNIX names "Encoder 1 [ MPEG : /dev/video0 ]
is local on (server-name) and is not recording."  In 0.23.1 and earlier, it
displayed the name of the encoder (like "Hauppauge PVR-500, Tuner 1")
instead of "MPEG : /dev/video0".  How do I get that back?

2) Closed captions.  With the integration of the OSD skin and the theme
skin, the closed captions options have moved.   The closed captions (without
a black background) used to be displayed with a thin black border around
each letter.  This allowed them to be more easily seen against white
objects.  Does anyone know if that can be turned back on?

3) Watch recordings page.  I'm using the Terra skin, is it possible to edit
the "Watch Recordings" skin to display the year something was recorded (in
addition to date/time).  This actually has nothing to do specifically with
the 0.24 upgrade.  I've been looking at those theme .XML files, but I can't
really figure out how to customize the skins.

Thanks!