[mythtv-users] XvMC and libmpeg2 to be dropped in 0.25

Joe jfwd at phlobus.net
Mon Dec 6 16:39:08 UTC 2010

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM, Kevin Kuphal <kkuphal at gmail.com> wrote:
> get years more I imagine.  Time to move on and if you can't stay with the
> cutting edge, you're welcome to continue running the version you have
> forever.

Just wanted to say I'm glad someone pointed this out -- after reading
this thread I'm surprised to see how many people read this
announcement as "now you have to upgrade your hardware".  If your 0.24
based system is stable and runs on your old hardware, and you object
to buying new hardware for whatever reason (budget, environment,
time), the solution is very easy -- keep what you have!  It not like a
bottle of milk, it has no expiration date.

So simple, yet so often overlooked....