[mythtv-users] Backend crash. Do I have too few hard drives?

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Mon Dec 6 10:15:33 UTC 2010

On 05/12/2010 17:38, Andre wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2010, at 16:49, Paul Gardiner wrote:
>
>> On 04/12/2010 12:52, Andre wrote:
>>> 1) look at pci latency for the HD-S2 card
>>
>> So presumably you currently have a working HD-S2
>
> I do, also a HVR-4000 which is a HD-S2 with some extra bits.
>
>> card. What firmware are you using? And which driver
>
> fw 1.26.90.0

Ah right. Same here.

> Driver was the v4l latest on 2010-09-03 revision 15139 if I'm reading the right thing from hg view!
> Should be fine with a current v4l though, probably in kernel drivers are fine too but they certainly were not in Ubuntu 9.10 so I wasn't taking any chances.

modinfo cx24116 tells me:

filename:
/lib/modules/2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop/kernel/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/cx24116.ko
license:        GPL
author:         Steven Toth
srcversion:     08166A1122785592C226036
depends:
vermagic:       2.6.34.7-0.5-desktop SMP preempt mod_unload modversions 686
parm:           toneburst:DiSEqC toneburst 0=OFF, 1=TONE CACHE,
2=MESSAGE CACHE (default:1) (int)
parm:           esno_snr:int
parm:           debug:Activates frontend debugging (default:0) (int)

Not sure what that tells me. Maybe I should build the latest from the
hg repository. linuxtv site mentions the driver being broken in
kernel 2.6.30, 2.6.31 and 2.6.32.

Paul.