[mythtv-users] No channel lock on HVR 4000

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Mon Dec 6 09:50:40 UTC 2010

Hi Paul,

Am 05.12.2010 22:34, schrieb Paul Kendall:
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:11 AM, Sascha Vogt<FunkyFish at gmx.net>  wrote:
>> However for no apparent reason the card can no longer gets a channel lock
>> (neither in MythTV nor Kaffeine). I don't see anything in the syslog or myth
>> logs. It seems the firmware is loaded as usual.
>
> Right, you need to get the v4l-dvb drivers from linuxtv.org and apply
> the HVR-4000 patch.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/mythtv/+bug/439163/comments/150
> has good instructions on what to do.
I tried as suggested in the comment, but nothing changed.
I had a look into the patch as well, and it only commented out a few
lines within a switch-case block which only applied to an HVR 1300. So I
tried making the same changes to the HVR 4000 block as well. It didn't
help either.

Is there anything else I could have a look into. As I said, the card
worked for a few weeks, so I don't think its a general driver issue.

Greetings
-Sascha-