[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Mon Dec 6 01:53:42 UTC 2010

> So sure they are under warranty, but really it's pretty poor from
> seagate. I was very happy with seagate in the past.

Which makes me think I should add something to my input of earlier, that the majority of drives I'm using are under 500GB, mainly fibre channel as well. I've only used six TB drives to take and of that one, a Seagate went bad right from the start.

I've also read that big drives are known to be troublesome. I don't dare use them for tier1 storage but for raid5 low access storage, no big deal.