[mythtv-users] LIRC, HDPVR, HVR-2250(analog) and saa7164-vlb

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Dec 5 22:00:35 UTC 2010

On Dec 5, 2010, at 11:37 AM, jr wrote:

> I have been successfully running the HDPVR as both a capture device
> and an IR blaster, along side an HVR-2250 card in its digital
> capacity.  A few months ago, my HDPVR experienced a hardware failure.
> While waiting for a warranty replacement, I decided to implement the
> support for the analog side of the HVR-2250 as per Steven Toth's work
> (http://kernellabs.com/hg/~stoth/saa7164-v4l).  Its been working just
> fine.  I now have my replacement HDPVR and have found that it no
> longer registers as a IR device on the machine with the analog 2250
> implementation. Experimentation has shown that the HDPVR.ko derived
> from the "patched HD-PVR and LIRC drivers" on
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Hauppauge_HD-PVR is not compatible with
> Toth's branch.   I am wondering if anyone else has had and overcome
> this problem.

Apply the same patch to the hdpvr sources you otherwise have to apply,
and hdpvr built from Steven's tree should work just fine. Its not that
it isn't compatible, per se, its that the way the v4l/dvb out-of-tree
make bits are set up, you build an entirely new v4l/dvb stack every
time.

Of course, the real solution is that we need to get the hdpvr patches
sorted out properly upstream...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com