[mythtv-users] 2 TB Hard Drive Recommendations

jmk jmk at foofus.net
Sun Dec 5 21:18:34 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm planning to merge my file server (4x250GB mdadm RAID5) with my
MythTV backend. I'd like to buy 3 2TB drives for a RAID5 setup to house
recordings, videos, music, and personal files. I thought this would be a
simple purchase and the WD20EARS initially looked like a good buy.
Unfortunately, a bit of reading suggests there are all sorts of issues
with recent drives I should take into consideration (e.g. 4K sectors,
TLER).

Does anyone have some positive experience/recommendations for 2 TB (or
at least 1.5 TB) drives and mdadm-based RAIDs?

Thanks!
Joe