[mythtv-users] Loud static for audio when pressing left-arrow (jump back) on mythtv 0.24

Jeffrey J. Kosowsky mythtv at kosowsky.org
Sun Dec 5 21:01:32 UTC 2010

Just upgraded from 0.23 to 0.24.
Audio works fine on normal playback, but if I hit the left-arrow (jump
back I think), then I get loud static with no audio until I press
right-arrow (jump forward).

As suggested, I ran the "Scan for audio device" which gave me the
following settings: (which actually are pretty much what I had under
0.23)
				Audio output device: PulseAudio:default
				Speakers configuration: Stereo
				UNCHECK:Upconvert stereo to 5.1 surround
				CHECK: Advanced Audio Configuration
					UNCHECK: Override SRC quality
					UNCHECK: Force audio device output to 48kHz
					UNCHECK: Separate digital output default

(Note I am not sure of the exact wording of the advanced audio configuration
options since the font appears as "squished" in my 800x600 MythCenter
1.1 box)

I did not have this problem under 0.23.
Any suggestions on what might be going wrong here?