[mythtv-users] HD-PVR failure

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sun Dec 5 19:00:10 UTC 2010

On Sunday, December 05, 2010 11:55:22 am Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:25 PM, James Orr <james.orr7 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > We have a junk basement :).  There are some power supplies down
> > there, but none for 5V.  There is my PSP power supply, but that's
> > 1.5A. At the moment my options appear to be ...
> > 1) Look into a return (either through amazon or hauppauge?)
> > 2) Replace power supply
> > 3) Replace HD-PVR
> > If I can't do 1, I'm going to do 2 before I do 3, because even if
> > it isn't the power supply it's only $10 which is a lot less than
> > $185.  I have 23 hours to order the power supply and still get it
> > by Tuesday, so I'll research 1 tomorrow morning and if it doesn't
> > pan out order a power supply.
>
> If Hauppauge tech support doesn't send you a brick, send me some
> email offline and I will see that you get one.
>
> Devin

You guys are going to make me feel bad if it turns out not to be a power
problem. Remember it was only a suggestion, probable but not definite.

The fact that Hauppauge has had problems in the past with power bricks
might make it even more likely, but I guess it only puts them in the
same boat as hundreds of other vendors :-)