[mythtv-users] XvMC and libmpeg2 to be dropped in 0.25

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Dec 5 16:16:32 UTC 2010

On 12/5/2010 08:52, Eloy Paris wrote:
> - Buy a PCI card that can do VDPAU. Cons: any negative downside to using
> a PCI card to play HD? Based on the VDPAU in the wiki it seems like it
> works. This seems like the best option I have right now.

If you're playing content usable through VDPAU, you're only going to be
sending a few MB/s, not a problem for PCI.  The other UI bits are not
active enough to cause any problems wither.  Any HD content that can't
be played through VDPAU will likely require too much bandwidth to
realistically be used.