[mythtv-users] Make problem

raptor jr raptorjr at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 5 10:53:47 UTC 2010

>What do you mean by fail?

>Is it crashing ?

No crasch. It fails to tune to the channel. 8-9 out of 10 recordings is either 0 or only a few Kb big. Starting LiveTV sometimes work but fails often. If it starts i can maybe change channel 3-4 times and then i get thrown out to the main menu.

I recently upgraded to Mytbuntu 10.10, was running 9.04 with 0.23-fixes,and talked to the guys on IRC and they said i should try to go back to 0.23-fixes to figure out if it was Mythbuntu 10.10(new kernel, drivers etc.) that was the problem or if it was 0.24.

Now i know that it is 0.24 that is the problem. If i run 0.23-fixes on Mythbuntu 10.10, MythTV succeeds on all recordings. I can always enter LiveTV and change channels without a problem. Although, on occasion LiveTV fails, but not near as often as 0.24.

What kind of output is needed to try to find the problem? I do compile from source if that is any help even though i dont have a crasch. Is "playback, audio" what you need in the frontend log? Or do you need more?

Thank you for your help.

/Stefan