[mythtv-users] Flash, VDPAU, MythNetVision and You

Kevin Ross kevin at familyross.net
Sat Dec 4 20:30:29 UTC 2010

On 12/4/2010 9:57 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:

> And, as Andre also mentioned, the marketing types really seem to like
> the complex UIs full of graphic elements--the kinds of things that,
> TTBOMK, you can't do once you enable the hardware-accelerated video
> playback.  So, it's quite possible that sites may not enable the
> acceleration--after all, Windows users don't generally see problems.

I believe this part is incorrect.  The new StageVideo API was
specifically designed to allow GPU-accelerated video playback with
graphics composited on top of it.  See
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashplayer/articles/stage_video.html

Or maybe I misunderstood you and you were talking about something else...