[mythtv-users] [mythtv] ANNOUNCEMENT: MythTV is moving to Github

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Dec 3 16:22:12 UTC 2010

On 12/03/2010 06:05 AM, Robin Gilks wrote:
>>> Good question. When I try
>>>
>>> git clone https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24
>>>
>>> which I assume is the correct URL to get to the current stable branch, I
>>> get
>>>
>>> Cloning into 0.24...
>>> error: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details:
>>> error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
>>> verify
>>> failed while accessing
>>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24/info/refs
>>>
>>> fatal: HTTP request failed
>>>

>>> So what am I missing (and no, I'm not using a proxy server). In fact I
>>> get
>>> that error on any and all URLs pointing at github.com/MythTV....
>>>

>> On this page:
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/tree/fixes/0.24
>>
>> There is a section near the top (25% down the page) where you can
>> choose the HTTP or GIT URL. Copy/paste the appropriate one. I.e. HTTP
>> is:
>>
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
>>
>> GIT is:
>>
>> git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git
>>
>> Hope that helps ;)
> It certainly does in so far as I still get a certificate error using the
> https request but I can now do a "git clone
> git://github.com/MythTV/mythtv.git" successfully but I want the 02.4-fixes
> branch and clone only gets me the master and "git branch" only lists
> master.
>
> At least http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ has a oneliner at the top of the page
> that says what to do...

I used it yesterday out of curiosity..It worked quite well for me..
There are a few things that are strange,like trunk is now called
master...When you do a version check you get this:

greg at tvserver:~$ mythfrontend -version
2010-12-03 11:14:42.690 mythfrontend version: exported [exported]
www.mythtv.org

So it will be a bit hard to track what version you are running,but I
suspect there will be growing pains..

To get the fixes branch (I don't use it ),you need to change to the
mythtv dir then:
  cd mythtv
git checkout fixes/0.24

I believe that gets you into the right branch..