[mythtv-users] How to improve 720p playback (1080i ok)?

Jerry Rubinow jerrymr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 13:45:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 2:28 AM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:

> On 12/3/2010 00:34, Jerry Rubinow wrote:
>
>> With more investigation, I've found mpeg 480p, 720p and 1080i all play
>> back ok.  It is H264 720p which does not.  Any ideas what to look into?
>>

> 720p60 means these are HDPVR recordings? What bitrate do you have it set
> to?

Yes.  The mpeg recordings are all HDHomerun, and the H264 720p60 is from the
HDPVR.  It's set to whatever the default is - I've never changed it.  I'll
try changing the bitrate and see what happens.  I do observe though that the
CPU hovers in the low 30 percent range when playing back.  So I don't
understand the reason for the pauses, if it's caused by too high a bitrate.

-Jerry