[mythtv-users] Time Warner: MythTV channel scan differs from Silicon Dust listings

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Dec 2 18:35:55 UTC 2010

On 12/2/10 1:25 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
> I'm setting up a house-wide MythTV system for my parents. I've got the
> backend set up and built, it's QAM tuner is connected to the cable
> line and I've run a channel scan but the freqid's found don't
> completely correspond to the listings shown on the silicon dust site,
> http://www.silicondust.com/hdhomerun/lineup_web/US:90045#sidebyside
>
> is this more likely due to silicon dusts listing being out of date or
> a channel scan issue within Myth?

It could be either. The listings on SD's site work by receiving data
from the HDHR's of individual users. The data and screen shots are sent
during periods of inactivity on the HDHR.

Because of this, the listings are dependent upon someone in your area
having a HDHR hooked to the same provider as you. If they aren't using
the exact same provider, or if they subscribe to different channels, the
listing will be out of whack. If they stop using the HDHR, the listings
won't get updated.