[mythtv-users] Lirc and usb-uirt

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Thu Dec 2 18:29:16 UTC 2010

On 12/2/10 11:31 AM, Richard Morton wrote:

> Hi
>
> Has anyone got a usb-uirt and ubuntu 10.10/lirc working in both
> receive and transmit?
>
> I am trying to use it to send some power on off commands to a denon
> adv-1000 and cant get it to sensibly learn the remote with the
> required inbuilt lirc driver (usb_uirt_raw) and a different
> module/driver (uirt2) seems record ir signals intermittently but
> doesnt support transmit.
>
> With either module the redlight on the unit doesnt flash with all of
> the buttons (some / many) buttons are not recognised.

I don't use your distro, but I can say that learning using the UIRT2 can
be pretty difficult.

In my experience, you do want to use usb_uirt_raw. You might try looking
for a .conf file for your remote; there are lots out there. Often times,
even if you find one that's from another Denon remote, it will work at
least partially.

And, if you do find a .conf file for which some of the buttons work and
others don't, you can use that as an input to irrecord. It will skip the
initial testing of the remote's protocol, use what's already in the
file, and only ask you to describe and record buttons.