[mythtv-users] Help getting HDMI to work for mythfrontend

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 13:52:11 UTC 2010

Hi

On 3 December 2010 00:06, Alessandro <alessandro.campobassi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry - have been trying many options to get this working. I have
> restored the xorg.conf as follows (from your earlier post)

cool

> NVIDIA(0): "1440x900"           : 1440 x  900 @  59.9 Hz  (from: EDID)
> NVIDIA(0): "1440x900_60"        : 1440 x  900 @  59.9 Hz  (from: EDID)
> NVIDIA(0): "1440x900_60_0"      : 1440 x  900 @  59.9 Hz  (from: X
> Configuration file ModeLine)
> NVIDIA(0): "1440x900_60_1"      : 1440 x  900 @  59.9 Hz  (from: X Server)

weird that it still read from the EDID, even though you have the
option not to, I guess this is related to the CustomEDID forcing it
way.

So you have 4 1440x900 modes

Remove the :
"UseEDIDFreqs" "False"
line

Restart X and try to go through all the 1440x900 modelines
DISPLAY=:0.0 xrandr --output default --mode "1440x900" -r x (where x
is 50 to 53 inclusive, 52 with UseEDIDFreqs set to true)

If that still doesn't work...

You should post on the nvidia linux forum:
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14

There are many TVs not accepting their native resolution when using
hdmi and they only take official one like 1280x720 or 1920x1080. Your
TV accepts those, try with them (
DISPLAY=:0.0 xrandr --output default --mode "1280x720"
)