[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup DVB-T channel scanning problems (was: Re: should be local, but it can not be found)

Craig Sanders cas at taz.net.au
Wed Dec 1 13:14:44 UTC 2010

On Wed, Dec 01, 2010 at 06:36:46AM -0600, Brent Bolin wrote:
> > [ 163 lines of quoted text deleted - please trim excess quoted material.
> >   very few people will bother to wade through that many quotes to actually
> >   read what you wrote below it....and nobody WANTS to.  BTW, top-posting
> >   is even eviler than bottom-posting, so this is not an excuse to do that ]
>
> Other anomalies that I don't understand
>
> 2010-12-01 00:37:02.764 ProgramInfo(1021_20101201003700.mpg), Error:
> GetPlaybackURL: '1021_20101201003700.mpg' should be local, but it can not be found.
> 2010-12-01 00:37:03.161 TVRec(1): rec->GetPathname():
> '/var/lib/mythtv/xen/recordings/1021_20101201003700.mpg'
>
> Not sure what's going on here.  So it almost looks like it's checking
> a filename or the availability of the location/filename.  The
> recording is there and usable by the front ends.

if the recording actually gets made and is available to (some of?) your
myth frontends, then it's a different problem but with a similar symptom
("... should be local, but it can not be found." error msg).

the problem i was having was that it would start recording but, because
it couldn't tune to the channel, would have no data to write...from the
Watch Recordings screen, there was no sign that there was any problem -
until you tried to play it.  at which point, the log files would
should the "...can not be found." error.

if yours is actually recording, it is possible that the file was
transcoded and renamed from .mpg to .nuv or something, but the rename
wasn't properly recorded in the myth db. i've seen that a few times
since i started using myth....don't think i've seen it for quite a
while, though.

try running something like:

    find /var/lib/mythtv/xen/recordings/ -name '1021_20101201003700.*'

and similar for each of your recording directories. if the file exists,
it will tell you where it is, and what its full name really is. will
probably also show a preview .png file and maybe a .mpg.tmp transcoding
temp file too.

if the file does turn out to be renamed, you'll have to rename it in the
mythdb. dunno how you'd do that if you're not familiar with the mysql
CLI or the mysql Admin GUI or similar .... maybe someone's written a
tool to do it.

if it hasn't been renamed, then try to find out which frontends and
backends can see the file and which ones can't. it's possible that the
directory just isn't available on some back/front ends (e.g. maybe it's
on another machine and needs to be NFS mounted, or maybe it has been
mounted but the path is different - a symlink could help).

craig

--
craig sanders <cas at taz.net.au>