[mythtv-users] Recording suddenly broke, WAF < 0

dargllun dargllun at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 1 10:09:35 UTC 2010

Hi all,

at some point during the past few days recording isn't working anymore.
All I have --conciously-- altered is switching to using storage groups,
but I'm pretty sure recording did work after this. I've been closely
following the 0.24-fixes during the last week.

Live-TV works. Running the Backend with -v record doesn't reveal any
error. Recording seems first to commences correctly, and a proper file
name like /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/... is chosen. Permissions are ok.
But that file never is created, and after some time I get a message
"deleting stale something".

Both live-tv and recording use the same recording profile "Live TV".

I'm writing this away from home and can't give log files right now. What
would be a good way to isolate the problem? I'm rather desperate, so any
input (even only sympathy) will be highly appreciated...

Thanks
greg