No subject

Thu Aug 5 16:39:05 UTC 2010

satellite feeds, it just cares about frontend receiver devices.

The number of frontends you can usefully use though is determined by how
many independent feeds you have to your satellite dish.

This is as opposed to a quatro LNB, which also has 4 feeds, but is designed
for use with a multiswitch.

/rgds/Liam

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 7:44 PM, Elizabeth Steinke <liz at twistedpair.cc>wrote:

> Hello :)
>
> My desired satellites is galaxy 19. I believe its just a KU band FTA
> satellite. We currently have a sathawk and sonicview reciever (the sonicview
> is not really my favorite) :(.  Our dish is motorized and has one invacom
> LNB.
>
> What are the advantages of the quad LNB versus single LNB? Does myth
> support quad LNB's?
>

> The only card I could find that was available here in the US was a hauppage
> 790 Nova S card. Hopefully, it works out. If not I will have to contact some
> friends in Ireland or China about getting a better card.
>
> I do envy you folks in the UK you have the BBC (Dr who!!! and My Hero :) !!
> and lots of good sats.
>
> Thanks!
> --Liz
>

> On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Simon Hobson <linux at thehobsons.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> liz wrote:
>>
>>  Can anyone share their experiences  or recommend a good satellite tuner
>>> card for  mythtv on ubuntu linux? We have a 1 meter fortec ku motorized dish
>>> that supports usals and diseqc.
>>>

>> You might get better answers if you give some clues !
>> Where are you ? What satellites are you trying to receive ?
>> Is this for analogue or digital signals ? And if digital, what variation ?
>>
>> For example, over in the UK there are several options people could be
>> after, and not all tuner cards would deal with all of them.
>>
>> --
>> Simon Hobson
>>
>> Visit http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/ for books by acclaimed
>> author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as
>> Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.

--000e0cd6ed58fb44930495faf29f

Hi<br><br>A quad LNB is just an LNB with 4 independent feeds. So it has 4 c=
ables running to it, and each one of those can be connected to an independe=
nt receiver (or satellite card).<br>It increases the number of simultaneous=
 different transponders you can look at.<br>
ch are in the same band.<br><br>From Myth&#39;s point of view, it doesn&#39=
;t care about quad- or single-LNBs. For satellite feeds, it just cares abou=
t frontend receiver devices.<br>
w many independent feeds you have to your satellite dish.<br><br>This is as=
 opposed to a quatro LNB, which also has 4 feeds, but is designed for use w=
ith a multiswitch.<br>
t 7:44 PM, Elizabeth Steinke <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;liz at twistedpair.cc&gt;</=
span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin: 0pt 0pt =
0pt 0.8ex; border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
Hello :) <br><br>My desired satellites is galaxy 19. I believe its just a K=
U band FTA satellite. We currently have a sathawk and sonicview reciever (t=
he sonicview is not really my favorite) :(.=A0 Our dish is motorized and ha=
s one invacom LNB.<br>

ble here in the US was a hauppage 790 Nova S card. Hopefully, it works out.=
 If not I will have to contact some friends in Ireland or China about getti=
ng a better card. <br>

=3D"gmail_quote">On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Simon Hobson <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:linux at thehobsons.co.uk" target=3D"_blank">li=

r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;"><div>liz wrote:<b=
r>
r-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); padding-left: 1ex;">
Can anyone share their experiences =A0or recommend a good satellite tuner c=
ard for =A0mythtv on ubuntu linux? We have a 1 meter fortec ku motorized di=
sh that supports usals and diseqc.<br>
You might get better answers if you give some clues !<br>
Where are you ? What satellites are you trying to receive ?<br>
Is this for analogue or digital signals ? And if digital, what variation ?<=
br>
For example, over in the UK there are several options people could be after=
, and not all tuner cards would deal with all of them.<br>
-- <br>
Simon Hobson<br>
Visit <a href=3D"http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/" target=3D"_blank"=
>http://www.magpiesnestpublishing.co.uk/</a> for books by acclaimed<br>
author Gladys Hobson. Novels - poetry - short stories - ideal as<br>
Christmas stocking fillers. Some available as e-books.<br>