[mythtv-users] another scheduling strangeness/question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 31 22:11:29 UTC 2010

  On 08/31/2010 05:50 PM, Patrick Ouellette wrote:
> I didn't jump in to start a long discussion on listings.  I just wanted to
> point out that there is room for improvement and making a blanket statement
> the implies if you are missing recordings (and are a Schedules Direct user)
> it is due to a lack of recording inputs is not necessarily correct.

The blanket statement was that if you are a Schedules Direct user and
you're missing recordings because of "Reschedule higher priorities"***,
the best fix is more inputs.  The rest of the post (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449387#449387 ) was
important, too--not just the single statement you quoted.  :)

Sure, there is room for improvement, but, unfortunately, most of that
improvement has to come from individual stations.  See the other recent
threads on this topic, such as
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/443988#443988 .

Mike

***Meaning situations where MythTV chooses not to record a show because
listings say it airs later, and the show is never recorded because the
later showing is subsequently removed from the listings when the station
changes the schedule.