[mythtv-users] another scheduling strangeness/question

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 31 21:31:24 UTC 2010

  On 08/31/2010 05:24 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Michael T. Dean says:
>> I'm planning to make changes to mythfilldatabase so that it always
>> retrieves all of the data (at minimum tomorrow through +13) for
>> Schedules Direct users.
> Would --refresh-all --refresh-today be sufficient to accomplish this
> today?

No.  That would be /very/ bad.  The problem now is that mythfilldatabase
makes 2 separate requests--one to get each of today and +13.  (And, in
truth, it can make additional requests to get +12 and +11 and ... if it
detects significant holes in the listings.)  Using --refresh-all makes
/13/ requests (+1 through +13) and adding --refresh-today adds a 14th
request.

AIUI, Robert has said that pulling all the data most likely woudn't be a
problem (more testing still required, so please bear with us :) if it
was done as a single request for all 14 days of listings.  To handle
this properly and reliably on all our users' systems, we need some
changes to the code and, possibly, to the MythTV database schema.  We're
planning these changes, but they will take some time.

Mike